Community Relations Services
XAS Community Relations Services help businesses and agencies dedicate themselves to supporting communities in which their team members live and work. Our approach to corporate citizenship includes ways that employees can contribute to the quality of mental health care, physical health care, and human services that improves the lives of community members and neighbors.
The work includes guiding and supporting businesses and agencies in ways to help the community at large with their integrative healthcare needs, those seeking treatment improvements, and promoting public understanding and awareness of particular mental health, physical health, and human services risks and conditions effecting community members.
Our community relations program offers businesses and agencies a wide variety of benefits. We give employees a reason to be proud of the company they work for, which increases loyalty and may help to reduce labor and production costs. Furthermore, a company with happy employees and a good reputation in the community is likely to attract highly qualified new employees. A small company also might generate new business through the contacts and leads it generates in its community relations activities. Such contacts might also make it easier for the company to obtain financing for expansion, find promising new locations, or gain favorable treatment in terms of taxes, ordinances, or utilities. Good community relations can also be beneficial in times of crisis by rallying the community around the affected business.
Types of Community Relations Programs:
- Taking active interest in community mental health, physical health and human services problems.
- Sponsorship of mental health, physical health, and human services youth activities.
- Participation in local government dealings with mental health, physical health, and human services issues.
- Joining businesses and service groups who advocate and support mental health, physical health and human services.
- Doing business with local companies in the mental health, physical health, and human services field.
- Encouraging community education and culture related to mental health, physical health,and human services.
- Making offices and other facilities available to community organizations in the mental health, physical health, and human services profession.
- Supporting local charity drives for mental health, physical health, and human services.
- Participating in civic activities focused on mental health, physical health, and human services.
Community Relations Services (Businesses)
- Assist companies in building their public image and morale while fostering a sense of teamwork for long-term success in the communities they serve.
- Create two-way communication with the public to foster understanding of mental health, physical health, and human services programs that are culturally appropriate.
- Develop targeted campaigns of community partnerships and volunteer service with non-profit organizations.
- Develop employee volunteer programs that reflect strong philanthropic efforts and the spirit of positive social change in their employees and healthcare professionals.
- Design programs that reinforce their missions to help achieve professional and personal goals by providing their team members opportunities and resources to take an active role in community relations.
- Design specific programs to increase a small business’s visibility and prestige within a community.
- Establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with businesses and communities.
- Help bridge companies with their communities by giving their time and talent generously to local mental health, physical health, and human service projects.
- Help companies achieve visibility as a good community citizen and be recognized as good community citizen when they support programs that improve the quality of life in their community through mental health, physical health, and human services campaigns and initiatives.
- Help companies achieve community visibility and engender good will by sponsoring local mental health, physical health, and human services events by supporting these initiatives financially or through employee participation.
- Work with businesses to help them accept civic responsibility and active interest in the well-being of all communities to gain long-term benefits of community support, loyalty, and good will.